In today’s world, when the ozone layer is depleting rapidly and harmful ultra-violet radiations are reaching to humans at a very high speed, our skin is getting more prone to acne and skin problems. Air pollution is another factor that causes acne and pimples to our skin. Acne also fastens the aging process.
Use of plant extracts
Many countries are blessed with divine and unique flowers and plants that bloom in that particular area. Japan and Korea (South) have a naturally healthy environment that provides a favorable place for those unique plants to bloom. Beauty brands in Korea use extracts of those flowers in the formation of beauty products.
Strict skincare regimen
Females in Korea are taking excellently good care of their skins. They follow a strict skincare regime twice a day, which includes numerous steps such as cleansing, toning, emulsifying, using serums, sheet masking, moisturizing, etc. This is the reason why a 50 years old woman looks like half her age in Korea.
Why women are more suffered from skin diseases and acne?
- Quality of skin: The skin quality of women is much more sensitive as compared to men. Women need to take extra care of their skin because acne loosens their skin’s elasticity more promptly but at a gradual rate.
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuations of the hormones present in the females play a vital role in causing all over their body, but especially on their faces. The development of cysts in their ovaries might be another reason for the rising proportion of acne on their body.
- Sebum: It is one more factor that can be a reason of acne on a lady’s face. Sebaceous oil glands produce excess oil at the time of hormonal changes of puberty.
- Heredity: A lady might be having acne all her life because her mother or aunt had them in their lifetime. DNA plays a role here too. But you can give a shot in getting rid of it.
- Stress: Hypertension is a major cause of hyperpigmentation, acne, and pimples. Stop getting anxious over little things and start the intake of a good diet and begin taking good care of your skin as early as possible. Use cleansers, toners, serums, and moisturizers daily.
- Pollutants: Not covering your face while driving or going out in a hazy and ill environment might be another good reason why you are not getting rid of pimples.
- Smoking and caffeine: This serious activity not only shrinks your skin but is a life-threatening habit too. In-taking twice or thrice a day of caffeinated drinks cause abrupt aging of skin. Although, it increases metabolism rate but cut it down to once per day.
How to stop getting vulnerable from acne?
If you want to look younger at the age of 40s, then start taking steps to thoroughly cleanse your skin and look after it daily. Some of the steps you can follow are:
- Plan a skincare routine: Korean women deeply cleanse their skin before bedtime. They recommend using products like this- cleanser, toner, serum, sheet mask, and moisturizer. Select the creams and serums according to your skin type. Most women wrongly choose their products in the ignorance of their type of skin. Best Korean serum for acne-prone skin is Innisfree green tea serum.
- Follow a healthy diet: Develop a habit of eating only healthy food, rich in vitamins and dietary fibers. Say bye-bye to oily food. Eating salmon fish is proved brilliant for skin.
- Stay hygienic: Change your pillowcase twice a day. It is advised by Korean women to sleep on silk- made pillow cover. Keep your make-up brushes and towels squeaky clean.
- Say no to parabens: Do not use beauty products that have parabens or sulfates in them. They are the number one cause of skin cancer. Methylparaben and Propylparaben are the most harmful ones. These parabens are known to reduce re-productivity and cause skin redness if used too much.
- Know your skin type: A study shows that 80% of women in the world do not know their skin type and they use wrong products on their skin their entire life. There is a vast number of skincare serums and other products are available in the beauty market that you can select your type.
- Be consistent: Do not be negligent in using the steps mentioned above. Never skip a single step and product if you need to see effective results in a minimum period. It is recommended by Korean beauty experts to use these products in a suggested way, for at least 3 months continuously to see better results.
- Use cruelty-free products: Korean brands do not promote cruelty. They are purely natural and environment-friendly.
- Use of serums: Serums have a lightweight formula as compared to moisturizers so they easily get into your skin and do wonders for it. But be careful with serums and use them only after cleansing and toning your face deeply. It is required to open your pores first, as serums do not work properly in clogged pores. A wide variety of serums are present in the market. Hyaluronic acid is the main ingredient in serums. Some serums also contain vitamins A and C in them. Snail slime serum has collagen in it, which is known for increasing skin elasticity. These are found in the form of sheet masks and dropper form as well.
All in all, it is strongly advisable to keep your skin clean and hygienic to be free from acne, pimples, and hyperpigmentation. The usage of cleaners, toners, serums, and moisturizers is highly recommended. Avoid eating oily products often. Take good care of your sleeping habits; do not sleep on your face snuggling in your pillow. Change your pillowcase within two or three days. Do not use beauty products that contain parabens and sulfates, especially sodium Lauryl Sulphate. These are known for causing acne and skin tumors. Eat salmon fish and red meat to maintain a healthy glow on your face. Use eye-mask while sleeping for a better nap.